Barren Grounds Nature Reserve
Where: top of Jamberoo Pass, west of Jamberoo.
Phone: 4236 0195
Provides a number of graded walks through bushland. Includes a field studies centre and picnic facilities.
Beaches in Kiama
– Jones Beach
– Bombo Beach
– Surf Beach
– Kendalls Beach
– Easts Beach
– Werri Beach
– Seven Mile Beach
– Where: North end of Bombo Beach
– Remains of blue-metal quarrying, made famous as a backdrop for various TV advertisements, video clips, and movies.
– Where: Kiama, Gerringong & Jamberoo
History and Heritage
Pilots Cottage Museum
– Where: Blowhole Point
– When: Friday – Monday, 11am – 5pm
– Run by Kiama and District Historical Society. Detailed pictorial history of Kiama’s early timber, quarrying and maritime history. Small admission charge.
Gerringong Heritage Centre
– Where: 10 Blackwood Street, Gerringong
– When: Saturday & Sunday, 1pm – 4pm
– Phone: 4234 1796
– Exhibits include Kingsford Smith’s history and display, local dairying history, and scale models of the local area.
– Gerringong Golf Course
– Jamberoo Golf Club
– Kiama Golf Club
Jamberoo Recreation Park
– Where: 5kms north of Jamberoo
– Where: Blowhole Point – eastern end of Terralong Street.
A natural blowhole formation which is at its best when their are large seas from the south-east.
– Where: Tingira Crescent
– Often more consistent than the main blowhole, especially when seas are from the north-east.
Minnamurra Rainforest & Waterfall
– Where: Buderoo National Park – 6kms West of Jamberoo.
– When: Daily 9am – 5pm
– A raised wooden walkway provides easy access (including wheelchairs) to the creek and rainforest areas. A more demanding walk takes you to the waterfall.
– BBQ, picnic facilities & kiosk. Admission charge.
– Where: Various access points, north of Kiama.
– Fishing and other water sports.
Old Fire Station Art & Craft Centre
– Where: Terralong Street.
– Various displays by local artists and craft people.
Saddleback Mountain Lookout
– Where: 7 kms west of Kiama
– When: Daily 8am – 4pm
– 600 metres above sea level. Provides panoramic views of the district – from Wanda sandhills in the north to Pigeon House mountain in the south. Hoddles Walking Trail also commences here.
– Where: Black Beach Flat
– When: 3rd Sunday of each month
– All the usual regional stalls!
Spring Creek Bird Hide
– Where: Access from Glenbrook Drive, off Dido St
– Enables people to gain a close-up view of a variety of water birds.
– Where: Gerringong, adjacent to Cronin’s Hotel
– Where: Kiama, Gerringong, Jamberoo & Minnamurra